In our Take Ten series, we highlight different partners from the Banyan Gasparilla Sound project to learn the role they are playing to create the leading wellness community on the Gulf Coast of Florida and what reservation holders can look forward to as soon-to-be residents.
- How do you explain the work you do to potential buyers in a project like Banyan
TLEE Spas specializes in development and strategic advisory within the spa and wellness space – from initial ideation and facility planning, soft programming, pre-opening services to onsite implementation and launch support. We see ourselves as experience architects: defining the concept and vision and translating that into the end-user experience.
- When you started the ideation process, what surprised you about the area where the
project is located?
With so much of Southern Florida undergoing massive change, we love the timeless aspect of Gasparilla Island and the community’s commitment to retaining it’s ‘old Florida’ attitude and attributes, while still evolving.
- How did that evolve into the plan your firm proposed to Integra?
The spa plan has emerged from a diligent discovery process: based on the positioning of the project as a luxury wellness-focused resort community, the overall site plan and the goal to be a vibrant hub of wellness for both the property and the broader community.
- What are some of the therapies and services the spa will provide?
The spa will have a mix of traditional spa treatments, such as massage and integrated body therapies; a robust skincare program combining manual techniques, best-in-class products and leading-edge technology; nail services and a broad array of wellness offerings including, contrast bathing, hydrotherapy, mind/body classes and fitness activities.
- Are there any treatments inspired by local ingredients or historical practices of the people in the area?
We’re excited to dig deep into the history and local culture – to discover and distill what’s unique and relevant and translate that into contemporary wellness offering. We have our eyes on the past, present and future to develop a menu that is timeless, on-trend and trend setting.
- Reservation holders were treated to a sample of some products that will be featured at the Sea Salt Spa, with so many brands, what process do you use to select what is stocked on the shelves of your clients?
We are passionate about brands and spend lots of time researching and partnering with brands that have a unique point of view or story to tell. We also ensure that they align with the spa’s market positioning, provide depth and diversity, and most importantly, have a proven success factor both in terms of quality, efficacy and expert training.
- The Juice Bar is a fun amenity for residents and guests, we were wondering what you would put in a spa-inspired smoothie or juice?
Florida is a mecca for year-round produce, so we want to feature ingredients that are as fresh, seasonal and organic when possible. Thinking about the tropical climate and active lifestyle culture that will permeate the property, the day might start with a smoothie of coconut water, mango, fresh mint and high-quality plant protein. A perfect pre- or post-workout boost.
- If you are what you eat, what Florida delicacies are you most interested in trying when you
visit the area?
Fresh-caught seafood and seasonal fruits & veggies are always top of the list – but that certainly doesn’t preclude sampling locally-inspired deserts or craft cocktails made with a healthy twist!
- With so much technology coming to esthetic arts, which therapies are you most excited to bring to BGS residents and guests who are coming to the spa for the first time?
Technology has definitely changed the game, and we will bring different modalities to the spa to amplify the benefits of high-touch services: LED, microcurrent and Jet Peel for skincare; LED, infrared and cryotherapy for recovery and performance. But we’re equally excited about the traditional yet timeless offerings: contrast-bathing (alternating between hot and cold temperatures) to kickstart the body’s natural healing power and master bodywork to remedy aches, pain and stress; improve posture and body alignment or enhance active pursuits: such as golf, watersports or tennis.
- What skincare advice and recommendations do you have for the residents of this area who will be making BGS their home?
Effective skincare is highly personal and dependent upon lifestyle factors and personal preferences.
Women typically are more committed to their regimes, so we’re especially excited to get our male contingent on track. That typically means keeping it simple and straightforward: deep cleansing to prep the skin (especially at night), Vitamin C to build collagen and correct sun damage and consistent use of high-quality sunblock (mineral-based) to protect from UV and environmental damage.