Just 3 ingredients for the pie filling!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
For the homemade graham cracker crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, 11-12 full sheets of graham crackers
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Tips: I like to place the graham crackers in a gallon size zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crumble.
For the key lime pie filling:
- 1 cup key lime juice or 12-14 Boca Grande key limes!
- 2 (14-ounce) cans of organic sweetened condensed milk
- 5 large organic egg yolks
Directions for crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until fully combined and all of the crumbs are moistened.
Scoop the mixture into a 9-9.5 inch pie plate and press firmly into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then cool for another 10 min. while you make the pie filling.
Directions for pie filling:
Combine the 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
Pour the filling into the slightly cooled pie crust and spread it around into one even layer.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 min. or until the top of the pie is set.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 2 hours. Then put in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Once chilled, top with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Gulf to Bay Sotheby’s International Realty Associate, Jamie Curry. You can read more about Jamie HERE!